Comprehensive Sexual Health Education (CSHE)
• The Comprehensive Sexual Health Education model provides non-judgmental, age-appropriate, and medically accurate information on a broad set of topics related to sexuality including human development, relationships, decision making, abstinence, contraception, and infection prevention.
The Health Promotion Unit works with the Dept. or Education, medical professionals, public health, and NGOs to deliver the Comprehensive Sexual Health Education model throughout the Yukon, specific programs and resources include:
Sexual Health and Relationship Education (SHARE) grade 4-7:
- SHARE provides teachers with lesson plan ideas and activities to help students meet the learning standards.
A Health Sexuality Resource
- A Health Sexuality Resource provides information about relationships, healthy sexual choices, local sexual health clinics and other community services.
CSHE Presentations and Educator coaching
- Health Promotion is available to do classroom lessons and coach teachers on how to effectively apply the CSH model.
Specialty condom distribution
- Health Promotion distributes specialty condoms throughout the year to help normalize and educate Yukoners on the importance of proper condom use.
For more information on the above programs please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Better to Know, Sexual Health Website: http://www.bettertoknow.yk.ca/
- The Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Canada: http://www.sexualityandu.ca/
- Options for Sexual Health (OPT): http://www.optionsforsexualhealth.org/
- Canadian Federation for Sexual Health: http://www.cfsh.ca/
- The Canadian Health Network, Public Health Agency of Canada: http://www.publichealth.gc.ca/
Toll Free (Yukon, Nunavut and NWT); 1-800-661-0408 ext. 3003
Health Promotion (HP-305)
Health & Social Services, Government of Yukon
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
Location: 305 Jarvis Street | Second Floor | Whitehorse, Yukon [map]