Flu Vaccination Schedule - Whitehorse
Click image to view larger
Who should get the seasonal flu shot?
The Yukon's Chief Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Brendan Hanley, recommends that all Yukoners receive their seasonal flu vaccine each year.
Seasonal Flu/Immunization Vaccination Facts
- Maximum protection occurs two weeks after immunization - lasts for six months
- Side effects do not occur in everyone but can include soreness, redness or swelling where the shot was given
- Influenza vaccine cannot cause influenza
- Vaccination has been shown to prevent illness in 70-90 per cent of healthy children and adults
- Vaccine is provided free of charge to all Yukoners