Palliative Care Resource Team
The Yukon Palliative Care Resource Team (PCRT) is part of a collaborative system of care providers offering specific services to people who have life-limiting illnesses, including their family and caregivers. The Yukon PCRT uses principles of the Yukon Palliative Care Framework.
Who we are:
- Clinical Resource Registered Nurse
- Clinical Resource Social Worker
- Education Coordinator/Community Liaison
The team supports health care providers, individuals, families, friends and volunteers through education, consultation and coordination. The goal is to promote an integrated palliative care approach across all settings. The PCRT contracts with a medical advisor who is available to answer clinical practice questions and participates in providing education to build and maintain primary care provider knowledge.
What services are offered?
Resource Team staff are here to:
- Support care providers (professionals, family, friends or volunteers) with best practice information, standardized assessment tools and clinical advice
- Help people navigate through the health care system to access the services that will best support their needs
The PCRT will not usually take on primary care coordination but will assist existing care providers and/or help link persons to appropriate services.
What education is offered?
At this time, the PCRT offers educational opportunities:
- Essentials in Palliative Care for registered and non-registered health care professionals – every 4 months
- Pallium Learning Essential Approaches in Palliative Care (LEAP) course – once a year
- Monthly in-person and telehealth sessions
- Public education sessions
Palliative Care Program
Business hours: Monday - Friday from 8:00-4:30, excluding statutory holidays
Toll Free (Yukon, Nunavut and NWT);
Please address to the PCRT and provide brief overview of your consultation request.
Your email subject should be “Consultation request”. Please include a brief overview of your consultation request.
Palliative Care Program (H-18)
Health & Social Services, Government of Yukon
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
Location: 6 Hospital Road | Whitehorse, Yukon [map]