The Yukon has a travel for medical treatment program, which is available to help eligible persons with the cost of medically necessary transportation.
Out-of-Territory Medical Travel Subsidy Form (YG4840)
Out-of-Territory Medical Travel via Road to Scheduled Appointments (YG4857)
- This refers to a medical emergency and to those non-emergency services, which are not available in the home community but are necessary for the well being of the patient.
- A transportation request must be approved by a medical practitioner and approved by the Medical Travel program in advance.
- All Yukon residents registered with the Yukon Health Care Insurance Program and who meet the program requirements are eligible for this program.
- The program covers the cost of transportation from the home community to the nearest centre where services may be provided.
- If you are in an accident or become ill while traveling outside Yukon and need air or ground ambulance services, please note that your Yukon Health Care Insurance Plan does not provide coverage for these services, or for the cost of any related services such as hospital transfer, escorts, and return transportation charges.
- Travel must originate in Yukon in order to be eligible for medical travel benefits.
For more information on any of these programs, please contact Health Services Branch directly at 867-667-5203.