Health and Social Services

Increase Font Size/Augmenter la taille de la police

Explore our site ...



How to order a Yukon marriage certificate

  • Individuals recorded as Bride and Groom on Marriage Registration
  • An agent, or any person on the written authorization of the Bride or Groom

Certificate Types:

  • Small Certificate - size is 9.5 cm x 6.4 cm (2.5" x 3.75")
    Contains the full names of Bride and Groom, place of marriage, date of marriage, registration number and date of registration
  • Large Certificate - size is 21.6 x 17.8 cm (7" x 8.5")
    Contains the full names, birthplace of Bride and Groom, date of marriage, place of marriage, registration number, and date of registration

How to Order a Marriage Certificate

To order a document you may:

  • Apply in person at any Vital Statistics office or Territorial Agent.
  • Apply by mail by completing an Application for Service form in full. This application must be submitted to Vital Statistics with the appropriate fee payable by cheque, Money Order or credit card to Government of Yukon.
  • Apply by phone (867-667-5207), paying by VISA, Mastercard, or American Express.

Note: The Vital Statistics Agency does not register Divorces. For information relating to a divorce please contact the Court Registry where the divorce occurred.

Vital Statistics

Mailing Address:

Vital Statistics
Box 2703
Whitehorse, Yukon
Y1A 2C6

Walk-in and Courier

4th Floor-204 Lambert St.
Whitehorse, Yukon
Y1A 3T2

Phone: 867-667-5207
Toll Free in Yukon only: 1-800-661-0408 ext. 5207
Fax: 867-393-6486
Business Hours: 9:00am to 5:00pm