Kickin' Ash Youth Smoking Prevention Resource
The Health Promotion Unit has a new tobacco prevention program called Kickin' Ash and we're looking to pilot it with interested organizations.
Wanna join us in Kickin' Ash?
Selected organizations will receive:
- an information session covering tobacco stats and facts
- a Kickin' Ash facilitator manual with ideas for tobacco prevention activities
- access to cool tobacco prevention tools and resources (Pig Lungs, Mr. Gross MouthTM, iPadsTM, iPodsTM) and
- funding support up to $500 to run your program/activities
Organizations who apply must have:
- a program facilitator who can attend an information session and be willing to participate in the evaluation; and,
- a group of youth, ages 10 and up.
Information sessions will be scheduled in May 2015 in Whitehorse and where possible in selected communities.
There's a simple application process where you tell us a little bit about yourself, your organization and how a tobacco prevention program could make a difference in your community/organization.
The deadline to apply is April 29, 2015.
For more information, or to receive an application, contact: email@example.com or call:
Brenda Dion, Health Promotion Coordinator at 867-667-3507. Toll-free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408 ext. 3507.
Toll Free (Yukon, Nunavut and NWT); 1-800-661-0408 ext. 3507
Kickin' Ash (HP-305)
Health & Social Services, Government of Yukon
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
Location: 305 Jarvis Street | Second Floor | Whitehorse, Yukon [map]