Children's health fairs
In May each year, the Whitehorse Health Centre hosts a Pre-kindergarten Health Fair.
Get ready for school...come to the Pre-Kindergarten Health Fair!
If your child is going into kindergarten this year,come visit the Whitehorse Health Centre health fair
Nurses will check height, weight, vision, hearing and immunizations at this time in preparation for starting kindergarten in the fall. Other agencies at the fair will provide information about dental care, nutrition, safety, growth and development.
The next Pre-Kindergarten Health Fair will be on Thursday, May 11th and Friday, May 12th any time between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- No appointment necessary.
- Plan to be there about one hour.
- Please bring immunization records if your child was immunized outside Yukon.
If you have any questions, please call the Whitehorse Health Centre at 667-8864.
Important information will also be available to help you and your child prepare for your next great adventure – school!
- Getting ready for school – Development
- Avoiding colds and flus – Hand washing
- Packing healthy lunches and snacks – Nutrition
- Getting them to school safely – Car Seat Safety/Road & Bike Safety
- Fish pond for a take-home prize at the end
- And more…
In rural Yukon communities, contact your local health centre to make an appointment to see the nurse before your child starts Kindergarten.
Children's Health Fairs
Toll Free (Yukon, Nunavut and NWT); 1-800-661-0408 ext. 8864
Children's Health Fairs (H-2D)
Health & Social Services, Government of Yukon
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
Location: 9010 Quartz Road (between Earl's and The Feed Store) | Whitehorse, Yukon [map]