How to order a Yukon death certificate
Only the deaths that have occurred in Yukon are registered in Yukon Vital Statistics.
Who may apply
- For Certificate - May be issued to a person who requires it for a stated reason that in the opinion of the Registrar justifies the issuance of it, or
- may be issued to a person on the order of a court
- Large Certificate - size is 21.6 cm x 17.8 cm (7" x 8.5")
Contains the individuals full name, sex, date of death, place of death, age, marital status, resident province/state/country, registration number, and date of registration.
How to order a certificate
To order a document you may:
- Apply in person at any Vital Statistics office or Territorial Agent.
- Apply by mail by completing an Application for Service form in full. This application must be submitted to Vital Statistics with the appropriate fee payable by cheque, MO or credit card to Government of Yukon.
- Apply by phone (867-667-5207), paying by VISA, Mastercard, or American Express.