Info|Services: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Correcting a record

For corrections or amendments to a Birth, Marriage, or Death Record.


Due to the high volume of requests that we are currently receiving.
It can take up to 4 weeks to process your request.

We thank you for your patience.

To make any correction to an existing record, the following is required:

  1. Completion of the form, "Statutory Declaration Re: Error or Omission in Registration", available at the Vital Statistics office or Territorial Agent.
    Please note: When completing a Statutory Declaration, your signature(s) must be witnessed by a person authorized to take oaths. Your local Territorial Agent office or Vital Statistics office can provide this service free of charge
  2. Proof to support the requested change. Acceptable evidence would be a photocopy of one of the following:
    • Birth certificate,
    • Canadian citizenship,
    • papers/card,
    • Valid Passport,
    • Landed immigrant papers,
    • early childhood documents
    • or other document satisfactory to the Registrar of Vital Statistics.
  3. Appropriate fee.


Leave this empty: