- The birth of every child in the Territory must be registered within thirty days after the birth.
- The responsibility for registering the birth rests with:
- The mother and the father.
- Where the father is unacknowledged, or either parent is incapable, by the other parent.
- Where both parents are incapable, by the person standing in place of the parents.
- No birth may be registered containing more than two surnames hyphenated or combined. If either the mother or father, or both, have a hyphenated or combined surname only one of the names in their surname or surnames may be used. In this case, the one name used must be the name that alphabetically precedes the other.
- The information on this form is collected under the authority of the Vital Statistics Act. The information provided will be used to register this birth, produce birth certificates and provide statistical and demographic information. If you have any questions about collection and use of this information contact Vital Statistics at 867-667-5207 or in Yukon toll free 1-800-661-0408 ext. 5207.
Personal information collected by the Division of Vital Statistics is protected under the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is treated with the utmost confidentiality.